Rules for 2016
Starting June 3, 2016, musicians are officially permitted to play at Jean-Talon Market at the following six spots:
- At the market entrance on Henri-Julien Ave.
- Near Sushi Shop
- Near La Boucherie du Marché
- In front of Aqua Mare
- In l’Allée Verte (north side entrance)
- Near Casgrain (SAQ and Première Moisson)
If you are interested in playing at Jean-Talon Market, please read the following rules carefully:
Regulations for buskers at Jean-Talon Market 2016
Whereas we want the presence of musicians Jean-Talon Market to be done in agreement by all parties;
Whereas we want to organize a better management system of the presence of the musicians in the market;
Whereas we want a fair and equitable presence among the musicians’s community in the market;
La Corporation de gestion des marchés publics de Montréal (CGMPM) requires that:
- Musicians must pay attention to their volume. No use of amplifiers for voice, winds, brass; under penalty of fine and expulsion. Percussion is not permitted.
- Musicians are permitted to play between the hours of:
– Wednesday: 11h00 to 17h00
– Thursday and Friday: 11h00 to 19h00
– Saturday and Sunday: 11h00 to 16h00
– Monday and Tuesday : no musicians
- Musicians must play in areas designated on the map indicated by a musical note on the plan (map available on MusiMétroMontréal.org) and must change spaces at the 45th minute of every hour. There is a mandatory musical break for 15 minutes until the beginning of the next hour. Musicians should minimize their occupied space as much as possible.
- Musicians must not repeat the same piece/song within the 45 minutes.
- Musicians must have one of the following cards in front of them:
– MusiMétroMontréal membership card
– A university student card in music or conservatory card
They must carry photo ID with them at all times. It is possible to have one or more companions, the holder of the card becomes guarantor thereof. There can not be more than four musicians in a group.
- To reserve spaces, please download the Word file on the site and enter your name in the spaces where you want to play. Then send your completed file before noon each Friday to: firstname.lastname@example.org A random draw take place every week on Friday at noon. You are entitled to 45 minutes per spot, per day. Results for the upcoming week will be posted on the website and Facebook page.
These regulations come into force for the 2016 season.
DOWNLOAD BLANK SCHEDULE WORD FILE HERE. (date limit temporarily Thursday at noon for the week of 3-5 June)